June 24th: Comparing Grocery Store Fruit Displays
Hi everyone! Welcome to my first blog post!! Today, I am comparing fruit displays in two different grocery stores in two separate states. First, I took this picture at the local Publix near my house in Hollywood, Florida.
As you can see, the main fruits on display are apples and oranges. This may be due to the fact that Florida’s subtropical, warm climate is suitable for orange production. Additionally, Florida is also one state known for having a multitude of Granny Smith apples, as they require very low amounts of chill time. The fruit display at this store is very vibrant, but does not have much variety.
Now, here is a picture I took at a grocery store in New Jersey called “Castles.”
As you can see, there is a plethora of fresh, sliced or whole fruit. New Jersey’s proximity to major markets and favorable summer climate gives it access to many different fresh fruits. I personally preferred the fruit display in the New Jersey market, but I love all fruits, and did not notice any difference in quality between the fruits in Florida and those in New Jersey.
Thanks for reading! See you next time!


Comments
Post a Comment